Friday, January 20, 2012

Silly congress, you dont ever learn, do you?

So yeah, PIPA and SOPA were shelved again, just this time it was more obvious because congress were making a big song and dance about it.

This isn't the first time its happened, its just the first time its been noticeable.


And while it isn't over just yet, this is a big victory, since Congress decided to make a big sonce and dance about this, and failed anyway, what more can they do? Throw candy every which way?

Its not happening, if they failed again after all this time and with such a massively sported campaign, SOPA and PIPA are all but memories of the past, reminders to remain weary of such bills.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted against this ludicrous nonsense and helped keep the internet a place of freedom, I'd like to thank anonymous for scaring the shit out of the government, being a coding wrecking ball and making the world a better place at the same time.

I voted against this poppycock myself, but due to me being situated in an island that looks like a demented apple core, that is about all I could do, I alerted any of my american friends of the danger this bill posed, and through everyones actions against this bill, we came through with shining colours before the case began.

Here's a final thank you, and may it hold in reverance those which have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment